Sunday, October 4, 2015

Greenmarket, Nursery and another {Mojo} Monday Card


Happy Sunday everyone!!  I am more than a bit late in doing today's post but we got up early and went to the greenmarket in Artur Nogeira, the town next to us.  We get greenmarkets every weekend here and, although they are pretty much the same as in the states, because we live in rural, agricultural area, we tend to get more than just your typical fruits and veggies.  

Today, for example, I found someone selling - honeycomb.  Pure delicious honey...still in the comb...YUM!


And another stand selling fresh bacon.  Well, not fresh....but cured by them, on the farm, from pigs that they raised themselves.  Sorry....but I love bacon.  And this fresh bacon is some of the best!!


After that it was off to Holambra, the town on the other side of us, to get some plants and garden stuff.  I am here several times a month but today was the first time that I saw Christmas Cactus and Geranium in bloom but with different flowers than I am used to from the states.  And the Christmas Cactus is blooming here because it is spring here and Christmas is just around the corner.  

A Different Christmas Cactus

A Different Geranium Flower
Then I saw a beautiful flower, that I thought was an orchid, but my friend Ken Oliver advised me over Instagram that this is actually Nepenthes distillatoria, which is commonly called the pitcher plant.  It's carnivorous and not really an orchid but its habitat and culture are very similar.  Thanks Ken!!

Nepenthes distillatoria a/k/a The Pitcher Plant
Now for today's card!!  


I made this one too as a tall and skinny card for the {Mojo} Monday 417 Challenge.  I cannot believe how many people entered this challenge.  This card is 3.5" wide by 6" tall. I started with a piece of white cardstock 3.5" x 12", scored at 6" and folded.  This is a top folding card.  Then I used 3 sheets from the Lucky Charm 6" x 6" pad by American Crafts with some black cardstock for the card front.  I stamped the lady from the Poised & Pretty (SB-987A) set by Susan K. Weckesser for Unity Stamps directly onto the lightest of the papers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Since the paper already had a color to it, and I did not want her skin tone to be too dark, I colored her skin with Copic R00 (Pinkish White). Then I stamped the image again onto another piece of paper from the pack with small flowers on it.  Cut the two pieces of the dress out and paper pieced it onto the image.  

Then I stamped the phrase from the "That's What She Said Set" (SS012) from Technique Junkies directly onto the same paper I stamped the lady. Then I mounted it on black cardstock and used pop dots to raise it above the ribbon.  



Added a few flat backed pearls to the upper right of the card and DONE!!

Hope you enjoyed today's post.  I love to get your comments and feedback so feel free to leave some if you want!  Until the next post....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

5 comments:

  1. Just had to leave a comment, I never know if anybody ever sees what I do. lol. This card has attitude! Love it. Mojo Monday usually has quite a few who enter......just wait til tomorrow, the first Monday of every month Julee gives away a gift certificate, one for every 50 entries and I've seen as many as 300. Quite a card fest. Hope to see one of yours again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the comment Loralei. Nice to get comments. Glad you like this card. I had fun making it. Hope to be back again soon on MM too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by and the comment Loralei. Nice to get comments. Glad you like this card. I had fun making it. Hope to be back again soon on MM too.

      Delete
  2. I saw your post on the Unity Show and Tell FB group and had to come over to see how you colored the image! What a great way to stamp the main image on lightly colored paper so you don't have to start with a stark white base! Now I want to go through my stash and see if I have any skin-toned papers that I can use in this way. So happy to have found your blog as I've already scrolled through and checked out some of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and for stopping by. Sorry it took me forever to respond!! Glad you liked the card and really glad you learned something new today. Thanks!!!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...