Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas Button Card



Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a great weekend. Today I have a card that has pretty much been a year in the making.  I bought a die from Simon Says Stamp called Ring Frame last year and it took me a year to use it!  Crazy.  But I just loved the die.  It was talking to me.  And for some reason it was whispering for me to use it with just buttons

Yes...buttons.  

To make this card  I started with a top-folding A2 card base of textured white cardstock, another piece of the same cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and a piece of white fun foam also 4" x 5.25", which I adhered to the piece of white cardstock.  Then I die cut the Ring Frame out of red textured cardstock, which I adhered to the front of the white cardstock using my Zig Two Way Glue. (If you get any glue residue on the front you can remove it with a Xyron Adhesive Eraser). Then I stamped the phrase, that I found on an older Hero Arts set called Holiday Messages (CL244), with Onyx Black Versafine ink.


Next up I grabbed my jar of buttons and went through it finding different shapes, sizes, textures and played around with them until I found the right amount that would fit into each of the round spaces. I also grabbed my glossy accents and a roll of red/white baker's twine.


Then I glued each button down with Glossy Accents.  



Once dry, I poked my needle through the holes and then, with one long piece of the baker's twice, I stitched through all the buttons.


Then I adhered this piece to the card front and applied some green, gold and red sequins to the card front.  



Done!  Here is a shot of the same card before I put the sequins on the front.  I like both of them.  Which do you like better?


I hope you enjoyed this post.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
~Michael

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe you found buttons the exact size for all those circles. The best part they all coordinate so well. At first I thought you made the buttons but no you had them in your arsenal. I love this card.. I also have this die and if it is okay with you I might have to CASE this, maybe for spring. Take care,
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shawna!!! Glad you love this card. I have a hugeeeeeee jar of buttons screaming to be used. Case away!! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. A very unique card that is still lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  4. Really love this. I like both cards. Can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like them both too. LOL. Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  5. How clever! That die and the buttons work together perfectly. What a bright and festive card for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...