Friday, December 18, 2015

Snowy Christmas Lightbulb Ornaments



Hello everyone.  Today I have a really cute card using a stencil and some rubber stamps. Last time I was in the states I went to a rubber stamp show and bought a bunch of little Christmas Village stamps from DRS Designs to make a winter scene.  I already had this project forming in my head - I saw the light bulb stencil by Carolyn Dube from the April 2014 StencilGirl StencilClub Kit in my head....I saw these little images forming into a Christmas scene in my head....but it took several months to get this project out of my head!    


To make this card I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5.25".  Then I masked off the top and center of the light bulb with post it notes, placed the stencil down on the paper and, using a dauber and some black paint, colored in the outline of the light bulb.  I did this 3 times at different heights.


Next up I masked off the area below the screw part of the bulb, placed it back over each of the bulbs I did in black and using a dauber and silver paint, colored in the screw top section of each bulb.  Then I drew a line from the top of the cardstock to the bulb with a black micron pen.



Now the fun begins - building each scene in the light bulbs.  I used a stamp positioner for all of the scenes because I wanted to make sure they would not be outside the bulb.  After I stamped the scenes I stamped the phrase (by Momenta) under the 3 bulbs. 



The stamps I used for the bulbs are:

Snowman bulb - Tiny Snowman
Tree with Snowman - all 3 images (tree, snowman, and snowflakes) are from the Christmas Village Four In One Accessories 
The snowflakes in each of the bulbs comes from the Christmas Village Four In One Accessories 


Then I colored all the scenes with Tombow markers and applied some Crystal Stickles to each of the snowflakes, around the bases of each of the images, and on the house roof.  



Finally, I cut a piece of white fun foam 4" x 5.25", adhered it to the back of the cardstock with the light bulbs and then adhered this piece to the card front.  I wanted this white on white look and the fun foam takes the place of using foam squares or dots.  The last thing I did was to glue small crystals to the phrase.  Done!!




I hope you enjoyed this card.  I have a few more ideas using this stencil and hope to get them done over the weekend.  So please check back!  Until next time - 

- Hugs from Brasil

Michael

4 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome card and I love it. tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always....thank you Lois. This was a lot of fun and has so many possibilities.

      Delete
  2. How unusual and appealing. I love how you put the little scenes inside the light bulbs. Great idea. How I have to see about getting that stencil. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the card. It was a lot of fun to make. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...