Sunday, December 6, 2015

Stamp Ink Paper (SIP) Challenge No. 25 - Sparkle!


Hello everyone.  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!  This was a very productive weekend for card making.  I shocked my two BFFs (Sue and Justin) with all the cards. LOL. Well, sometimes the creative mojo is just flowing.  I was hoping to get to the pool today but, as it has for the past 30 days, it was overcast with clouds forming in the distance. Rain coming.  Again!  So I decided to jump into the garden with Ruy and take care of some very overgrown plants before the rain started.  Just got some bulbs planted when it started to come down. Ugh!! 

Here are the clouds from yesterday.  I love them but enough is enough already.  LOL


I came inside to prepare my blog post for Tuesday when I realized that I still had time to enter a card into the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge ending tonight!  It's their 25th!! How cool is that.  Since it was one of their Card Maker's Choice challenges, I decided to upload the card at the top with all the bling on it. The image on this card is a stamp made by Studio G called Botanical Garden (IC0104).  It's a few years old but you can probably find this cutie on eBay.  


I knew that I wanted to make a black/white/silver card so I started with a top folding A2 card base of black cardstock.  Then I found a piece of silver and white scrapbook paper in my stash, cut a piece with the large stitched rectangle from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set by Simon Says Stamp, and adhered that to the card front.  I cut a piece of the same black cardstock as my base card using the largest die from the Pierced Rectangles STAX by My Favorite Things and adhered that to the silver/white paper.  Then I cut a piece of white cardstock with the 2nd largest die from the same Pierced Rectangles set, stamped the Botanical Garden image with Versafine Black ink, stamped the phrase "Sparkle" from "Warm Words" by Stampin Up! and adhered this to the black cardstock.

Finally - I pulled out my stash of bling and, using Glossy Accents, I adhered each of the bling to each of the flowers.  Not as time consuming as it looks.  LOL.  Then I cut a piece of white cardstock from the same large stitched rectangle and adhered this to the inside of the card.  

Done!!  Well, I hope you like this card and it inspires you to look at some of the older stamps you have and pull them out to use.  Until next time....

- Hugs from Brasil 

Michael


10 comments:

  1. Wow, you are such the over-achiever! This card is absolutely stunning Michael! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper this week for our cardmaker's choice challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. yeah....me and that bling....a challenge! LOL Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lois! It is a beauty. But shiny!!! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Love me some bling Michael, and I love your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Michael!! That image is awesome and I love that you choose the black/white/silver for your card. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comments! Glad you like the card. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  5. Awesome card! Love all of the bling! Now I know what to do with the stamp that I have like that! Thank you for joining us for the Stamp, Ink, Paper Card Maker's Choice Challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin! Glad I inspired you for a change. LOL. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...