Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Stamp Ink Paper - SIP Challenge No. 26




Hello everyone.  Today I am taking part in a Stamp Ink Paper (SIP) Challenge.  This week is their 26th challenge!!  It's so nice to watch Justin's baby grow every week.  If you are not familiar with this weekly card challenge, I urge you to go check SIP out!!

The sketch for this week is -


- and it was made by my friend Maggie Mata.  As soon as I saw it a few ideas popped into my head.

This card may look difficult but it really isn't.  I started with an A2 white cardstock card base.   Then I grabbed my December Documented 6" pad by Simple Stories and pulled out 3 sheets. I adhered the black section to the card front using the sheet that says {Be Merry}.  Then I pulled out my Blueprints 1 die set by MFT and die cut the (1) scallop with the sheet of red/white striped paper, (2) used the small fishtail tag to cut some pieces from the bottom of the sheet with the zig-zag pattern, (3) the larger rectangle to cut a piece of red cardstock and (4) the smaller rectangle to cut a piece of white cardstock. 



Then I stamped the Christmas Village Pond with Bridge on the piece of white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and a stamp positioner (wanted to make sure it was centered perfectly).



Then I stamped the Christmas Village Church  on a scrap piece of white cardstock and cut it out.  



Then I colored them both in with Tombow markers. On the pond piece I applied glossy accents on the lake so that it would look like ice and some Crystal Stickles on the bridge and around the lake.  I also applied some of the Crystal Stickles on the church roof and on the ground.  



Now to make it look like it's snowing.  I placed the Starlight Mini Stencil by StencilGirl Products on top of the pond/bridge scene and secured with blue painter's tape.  Then I spread some Glossy White Embossing Paste over the stencil, removed any excess, and then lifted the stencil up.  

Allow this to dry (or use a heat gun) and please, was the stencil immediately.  You do not want this paste drying in these tiny holes. 



Here is a close up of what it will look like - 



Now to just put it all together.  Using you tape or glue of choice, adhere the scallop piece to the center of the black card front, the adhere the small pieces cut with the fishtail tag to the bottom of the red cardstock, pop some brads into the corners, adhere to the center of the striped piece, then the pond/bridge scene.  Finally, apply small pop dots on the back of the church and adhere this over the pond scene.  



That's it.  You're done!  I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope that you enter a card into the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge No. 26 too!!  Until next time...

- Hugs from Brasil

Michael

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card with instructions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois. And thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  2. I found your blog very recently and immediately subscribed to it. You make some amazing cards and I have learned a lot of neat tricks from you already. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment!! There are days that I wonder if I want to continue with my blog but then I get a comment like yours and it makes me feel fantastic!! Thanks for subscribing and I hope that I can keep teaching you new card tricks!!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...