Tuesday, August 9, 2016

You Light Up My Life Card with Bugaboo Digi Stamps


Happy Monday everyone!!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Although I am still trying to get rid of this upper respiratory issue, I did manage to go to a friend's birthday party on Sunday night.  The music was loud, the food was amazing - BBQ Boar, lots of Sushi and a ton of beer (none for me), and lots of people having fun.  I even made my first Strawberry Shortcake, that I brought with me.  Yay!

Today I wanted to share a quick card I made for someone in town.  She asked me to make a card for her husband who owns a lighting store and who she says is "the light of her life".  I had literally JUST bought a digi stamp from Bugaboo Stamps that would be perfect!  It's called "make it snappy you light up my life".  
When you buy the digi it comes in several formats and the image is separate from the phrase box.  One option is to print the phrase box empty, which is what I used on this card.  I printed the image of the lightbulbs twice and heat set it.  Then I used a mix of Tombow and Copic markers to color them in.  For the metal part that goes into the socket, I used a Wink of Stella Silver Glitter Pen and over all the lightbulbs, I used a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Marker.

Come on...we need these bulbs to be shining as much as possible!!  LOL

I then made a 5 1/4" square card base of white cardstock, to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper from a pad called Beautiful Moments by Carta Bella. Then I adhered the lightbulbs to the upper section of the card.  

On the second printing, I colored in the center of two of the bulbs and the socket section on the other two bulbs, cut them out, adhered to the front with pop dots, colored them in and then added colored stickles.  (More bling!)

Lastly I trimmed the black phrase box, printed out "You Light Up My Life" in Portuguese, trimmed the phrase, layered it on a piece of black cardstock and then adhered this below the bulbs.  DONE!

I hope you enjoyed this quick post with a fun card.  If you are looking for adorable and affordable digis, check out Bugaboo!  (I earn nothing for mentioning her.  Just sharing what I love).  Also, sign up for her newsletter and follow her on FB.  She gives amazing sales and you can earn points.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card !! Always enjoy your blog posts !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra!! Appreciate you stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. This is a fun card especially love the glitter. You have enlightened me on some new products to buy:) I'm certain your friend just glowed with appreciation for this card for her hubby. It must have brightened his day....ok sorry I couldn't stop:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I needed all these puns today. Thanks!! Glad the card makes you glow! :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the card. I'm sure the recipient was thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HJ. She did love the card. Glad you do too!

      Delete
  4. I love this! you did an amazing job!
    So glad you are having fun with them =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jodie! Glad you like what I did with the digi.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...