Saturday, October 29, 2016

Snowman Shaker Card with Memory Box



Hello everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well so far.  Today I wanted to share another shaker card I made using the Snowman Collage die by Memory Box.  As you guys know I was bitten by the shaker bug and as soon as I saw this guy I knew it would be perfect as a shaker.  

Let me show you how I made this guy - 

I started with a top folding A2 card base of red shimmer cardstock.  I cut a piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and centered the whole die on the cardstock and cut it out.  I love the way this die is packaged because you don't need to cut all the pieces apart and you have less chance of losing any of the dies.

  
I then went back and cut all the little pieces using black, green, orange, and red cardstock -   


and assembled the snowman by gluing down the pieces.  


Then I cut a piece of acetate and glued it behind the snowman.  You do not want your little sequins and beads falling out.  


I turned it over and stamped my sentiment.  


Then I went and adhered double sided foam tape all around the window part so that none of the sequins and beads will leak out of the shaker card.


I rubbed the inside acetate and around the sides of the foam tape with my anti-static bag that I use when embossing. This removes the static and will allow your sequins and beads to not stick to the tape.  Then I slowly added sequins and micro beads on top of the acetate.


The last thing I did was to slowly remove the tape backing and then I placed my card base down on top and rubbed well to make sure the tape stuck well.  I also cut a piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25" and adhered it to the inside so I had somewhere to write.  

Done!


I hope you enjoyed this card.  This snowman shaker card is great, not just for a Christmas card, but for as an all around holiday card.  Let me know what you think!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

4 comments:

  1. I like shaker cards a lot! They make a card extra special. This one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rannah! Believe it or not this was only my 2nd shaker card. Glad you like it and thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  2. Super cute!!! I think I need this die in my life ~
    Hugs,
    Gale The Happy Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gale!! Of course you need this die in your life. LOL Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...