Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 5 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Flip-Flops Card



Happy Tuesday everyone!  I know...I missed Monday.  I was planning on doing a blog post but I got up later than I wanted to and ....

Bella ...
  

and Bandit (the new one) ...


had to make a visit to the vet.  Her to get her nails trimmed and him to get his shots!! She hates the vet and he seemed to be having a great time.  LOL.  He is also getting along great with all the other dogs and I am very happy that they took to him.  AND...he has stopped his "happy peeing".  That was not fun.  


Today I am showing a really easy card I made for Day 5 of The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  Is anyone else following along with Kathy or joining in?  I would love to know.  I used an image from Northwoods Rubber Stamps of flip-flops that I have wanted to color for a long time and I used a phrase from a Unity set that I felt went perfect with it.  Since Spring has sprung here and it's getting very hot....and I live in flip-flops most days, I loved making this card.

I started by stamping the flip-flops and the phrase from Unity onto a piece of white cardstock, 3.5" x 4.75" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


Then I pulled out some Sharpie and Bic fine tipped markers and colored in the flip-flops.  I also used Copic E000 Pale Fruit Pink for the "sand" around the flip-flops.


Then I pulled out the Artist Paper Pix 6" x 6" pad from Paper House and found this sheet of paper I liked because it looked like bubbles or water to me.   I cut a piece of this paper, 4.25" x 5.5" and adhered it to the card front.


And lastly, I adhered the piece with the flipflops on it onto a piece of dark blue cardstock, 5" x 3.75", which I then adhered to the card front.  I printed "including flip-flops all summer long" on to a piece of white cardstock, which I adhered to the inside of the card.


That's it....DONE!  The coloring took the longest but no longer than 15 minutes.  The rest is about 5 minutes.  Really.  I hope you enjoyed this card and post.  

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

Supplies Used:
Sharpie and Bic fine tipped markers 
Copic E000 Pale Fruit Pink

5 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors, Michael. The DSP does look like bubbles or water and goes perfectly with the flip flops. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment HJ! Glad you liked the card. I love bright colors. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love that coloring and the sentiment too. Perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol. Glad you like the card. Yay for fine tip markers. LOL

      Delete
  3. love the idea of the 30 day marker challenge where did it originate?

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...