Friday, November 13, 2015

Snowflake Sparkle Card & Happy Mail



Hello everyone!!  Yesterday was a great day.  My friend Sue shipped a box here and it got here rather quickly.  Inside the box was some "happy mail" from my friend Justin and some goodies that I ordered for me!  The "happy mail" was a stamping magazine from the UK and a bar of chocolate with Oreo pieces, also from the UK.  Justin went there back in September and got these goodies for me.  I cannot wait to get some of these images down on paper to color!!  Love these birds and feathers.  

On a side note, if you have not been to Justin's blog...you should.  Extremely talented guy and he blogs EVERY DAY!!  Just click on his name.


  
Then, in the box, were some cute stamp sets from Stamping Bella and my Crazy Bird Accessory stamps and the matching dies.  Finally!!  Cannot wait to make my nieces Hanukkah cards.  In the afternoon we went to the mall and I found this neat 60 piece colored pencil set from Faber Castell that was calling my name.  LOL.  Hey, I can use them to color in the stamps I got.  Right?



For today's card I have another really simple holiday card.  It's one stamp, 2 Copic markers, and some crystals.  Easy Peasy.  It's funny...I did this card for Day 21 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge and this card really has the least amount of coloring yet it got the most likes on Instagram.  Sometimes less is better.

I started with a side folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  I found some very light blue paper with a nice subtle pattern, cut a piece 4.25" x 5.5", and adhered it to the card front. Then I cut a piece of navy blue cardstock, 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", and adhered that to the patterned paper.  Next, cut a piece of white cardstock, 3.75" x 5", and stamp some snowflakes (I used Serene Snowflakes, 115438, from Stampin Up!).  I picked the 2nd largest snowflake in the set because it had little dots to adhere some crystals to and I stamped the first flake on the left, in the center.  Then I stamped the phrase "Sparkle" (Warm Words, Stampin Up!) next to it.  Then I was able to go back and stamp additional snowflakes on the rest of the card front.  I colored them in with 2 Copic markers, BG01 and BG05.  Then I adhered this piece to the cardfront, adhered some crystals around all the snowflakes and in the center of each one.  

I think it's a really simple and classy card.  Well, I hope you guys have a great day and enjoyed this card.  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil -

- Michael  

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card and great gifts from your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you got the prezzies finally! The Oreo bar had your name written all over it and I can't wait to see those images colored in! Love your card for today! Reminds me of Frosty the Snowman for some reason! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Justin for the goodies. The Oreo bar was a bit melted but I think it might be good to eat..um..now! Thanks for the comments!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, Michael. I love the snowflakes and bit of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...