Saturday, December 19, 2015

Snow Way! A Happy Snowman Family!



Hello everyone!  The weekend is here and I am finally over this cold!! This morning was supposed to be my last Portuguese class until next year but it seems they changed their minds because when I got to the school, it was closed.  LOL.  Well, now I can head to the green market to get some stuff for a small BBQ we are having today.  One of Ruy's sisters is in town with her daughter and we will get to see them.    

Now...for today's project.  It was really fun and fast to do and I made it in honor of the artist - Susan K. Weckesser. Although we have never met in person, we are friends on Facebook, and we chat from time to time. But you get to know a person by what they post and the photos they share and, I have to be honest here, she is such an inspiration to me. This was a tough year for her.  Some of her children are missionaries and travel a lot and I know she is always worried about them.  One of her children was in Paris when the terrorist attack happened and I knew from Facebook that she was very upset until she heard from her.  But no matter how crappy her day is, she is always posting wonderful quotes, uplifting phrases and has such a positive outlook on life in general.  Many times, when I was having one of my "whoa is me" moments, she would randomly post something on her wall that would make me realize that my issue was minor compared to a lot of other people out there in the world - and she would set me back on my path.  LOL   

Gosh..she has no idea I am even posting this and I hope she is not crying at this point...sorry Susan. LOL.

Anyway...she has a line of stamps with Unity Stamp Co. and I have always loved her images.  They are so whimsical, free, fun.  She has a set of 4 different houses that I bought last year that scream "Cat In The Hat" or Dr. Seuss.  Of course I bought them for a project in my head but, as usual, that project is still up there waiting to get out.  When I saw her new snowmen set called Snow Way, I knew they would be perfect to use with one of the houses - The Happy Homestead

The first thing I did was to stamp the house from The Happy Homestead set and some of the snowmen from the Snow Way set - on white cardstock - and had my Scan n Cut (SNC) cut them out. 

The I started with a piece of 6" x 6" light blue paper. I wanted the color of the sky without having to pull out any inks.  And I stamped one of the snowmen in the lower left corner.  I knew that the SNC would not cut out the birds but I could glue over the image.


Then I colored in the house and the snowmen that my SNC cut with some Copic markers. And yes, I went bright and fun because that is what her images call for!  LOL


Then I adhered the snowman with the bird on his arm over the stamped image, the house next to him, then the other two snowmen.  Then I stamped the snowflake (also from the Snow Way set) using Pool to Navy Ombre Ink by Hero Arts.  I left space in the upper left corner for the two words I wanted to use.


Then I stamped the word "our" and "home" from the Le-Mason and Little Haven sets using Cobalt Archival Ink by Ranger.  I did put a sticky note over the apostrophe and s in the word "ours" to get just the word "our".  I also grabbed my Crystal Stickles and applied it over the snowflakes, the roof, the tops of the hats, the top of the fence, and along the bottom.


The one thing that I have found out Susan from her postings is her absolute love for her family and vice-a-versa.  This family is so close, which is so rare these days.  And, if these snowmen were her family, I think this is what their photo would look like up on their wall.  LOL.  Now I just need to get her address to shoot it off to her! 

I really hope you enjoyed this project as much as I loved making it.  Please check out Susan's website HERE and her Christmas Love Campaign on Facebook!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael 


Supplies Used:
Copic Markers - FYG2, FYR1, Y06, R27, B05
Pool to Navy Ombre Ink by Hero Arts
Cobalt Archival Ink by Ranger
Crystal Stickles by Ranger
Adhesive

2 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute and lovely at the same time. Family...what would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...