Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Card 1 - Thank Thank Thank You with Concord & 9th



Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!  Welcome to 2016!  It pretty much rained all day yesterday but it did stop close to midnight so that we could watch fireworks from the back terrace. Today I woke up to some beautiful sun but now....it's raining again.  This time last year Sao Paulo was under a major H2O shortage so I won't complain too much about the excess rain we are getting this year. 

Now...for my first card of 2016...Stamp Ink Paper is having their last card challenge of 2015 and it's an Anything But Christmas challenge.  A few weeks ago I made this card for their "Thanks" challenge using a stamp from Concord & 9th.   Another idea popped into my head that is perfect to enter into the SIP (Stamp Ink Paper) Challenge No. 28 - Anything But Christmas challenge!   It's open until tomorrow night and I hope you will enter a card too!

I used the "Painted Thank You" stamp from Concord & 9th again - but with a twist. Shhhhh...I cut the stamp in half.  Don't tell them.  LOL. Yes, I could have used sticky notes to mask them but it was easier to just cut the two words apart and, this way, I can use the phrase horizontally too.   


I started with a top folding card base of red textured cardstock, 4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5".  Then I die cut a piece of green cardstock using the large rectangle die from the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes set.   Then I cut a piece of green fun foam 4" x 5.25" and adhered it to the back of the green cardstock.  This I then adhered to the card front.  

Next up I cut a piece of white cardstock, 3.75" x 5", and then I stamped the word "thank", 3 times, each time using a different Ombre ink from Hero Arts. From top to bottom, below, Pink to Red (AF306), Mint to Green (AF310), then Butter to Orange (AF309).


Then I cut another piece of white cardstock, 3.75" x 5", and stamped the word "you" using the Light Ruby to Royal Red Ombre Ink by Hero Arts.


You will end up with these 3 sections - the front of the card, the card base, and the inside of the card.


Now adhere the white cardstock with the word "thank" to the card front and the piece with the word "you" to the inside of the card.  



Done!!  I was debating about adhering some sequins to the front but I love that the focus is on the word and the beautiful Ombre colors and that nothing else was really needed. This is a very CAS (clean and simple) card and very easy to make.  Let me know what you think.

I hope you enjoyed this easy card and I wish everyone has a fantastic, healthy, prosperous, and ART FILLED 2016!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!
~Michael

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael :) Love this trio of sentiments, so perfectly stamped in the ombre ink. A Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome card with that Thank part of the sentiment stamped three times in the different ombre inks. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at SIP for our Anything BUT Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Michael! Love those Ombré inks! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...