Monday, August 1, 2016

Jake & Chloe Are Selling Lemonade By The Beach


Hello everyone!  I hope y'all had a great weekend.  I put the final touches on today's project, which took over 3 weeks to finish!  This might be a long post but I hope you can read through the post and see how all the different components came together to make this creation.

Way back in the day I used to love building scenes with rubber stamps and would spend countless hours using multiple images that have nothing to do with each other but, when used together, gave me a piece of "art".  

Several companies are represented in this piece but the main images are from Clear & Simple Stamps, a company I stumbled upon many years ago.  I immediately fell in love with their "Rag Doll" line because, for the first time, there were images for African American crafters.  And they were fun, young and fresh!  I found out a few weeks ago, after posting some "sneak peeks" on my Instagram account, that the whole line is designed by Steph Zerbe after she left comments on the posts.  Do you have any idea of the pressure to finish a project when the designer of the images is following you and commenting?  LOL

I did not do a full step-by-step but below are some closer photos from the scene - with a little fun back story to go along with them.  A list of all the stamps and dies I used are at the end of the post.  Also at the end is a link to a big sale that Clear & Simple is having.


This is Chloe sitting on a basket with a cat on her lap. She is helping Jake out at his lemonade stand by selling some flowers she has grown (organically, by the way).  She is sitting in front of her surfboard that is resting on some palm trees behind the fence, to which their hammock is secured.  Both she and Jake love to surf as much as they can.  She is also sitting near some beautiful sunflowers and freshly picked lemons (also organically grown) with red, white and blue birdhouses in the garden.


Here is a closer look at the flowers, sunflowers, and lemons that Jake and Chloe have grown organically. The red birdhouse and hammock are behind her.  And that's Minna on Chloe's lap, one of the cats that she and Jake rescued.  This one they found on the beach where they surf.


Here is Jake in his lemonade stand selling some freshly squeezed lemonade using his organically grown lemons.  He also has some other baskets containing other fruits that he also grows.  His surfboard rests on another palm tree next to the white birdhouse.  The cat on the roof is Zoey who is the other cat that they both rescued.  This one was living on the street where they live. 

Here's a close up of how I painted the stand using new Color Pop Dye inks from Clearsnap (by Susan Weckesser) and a waterbrush.  Great "beachy" look for this project.  




And above them, on this perfect day, the sun is shining bright with some nice fluffy clouds in the air.  

A perfect day!!

Please feel free to share this post or project wherever you want.  I would love for the world to see how much fun rubber stamping can be and that it's more than just cardmaking or scrapbooking.  

Let it fly and become viral.  LOL

Clear & Simple Stamps is having a big SALE - 30% off specific stamps and dies. But..once they are gone, they will not be back.  If you see something you want, get it before it's gone - for good!  

I would love to know what you think of this project!! I have no problem putting together a full step-by-step with lots of photos.  But I would need at least 15 people to ask for it in the comments section.  It will take a few days to put together but I can get it done.  
If you have read this far - many thanks!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael  


Clear & Simple Stamp Sets/Dies Used:
Lemonade Stand is from the Stand set
Cat is from the Rag Doll House set
Chloe is from the Love set
Jake is from the Banner set
Sidewalk is from the Elements set
Fence is a die from the Border set (Retired)

Stamps of Life Stamp Sets/Dies Used:
island2visit (hammock and palm trees)
summer4fun (surfboards)

Reverse Confetti Dies Used:

Impression Obsession Dies Used:

Our Daily Bread Stamps/Dies Used:

Misc. Dies Used:
Garden Pots (98532) by Memory Box (Retired)
Wildflower Patch (820) by Poppy Stamps (Retired)

8 comments:

  1. This is so detailed and I bet it took 3 weeks because you have to come up with the concept, you have to figure out the layout so it all works and the you have to create it. I love the story! They are the new age hippies who always make those green disgusting drinks but actually taste good drinks and they are very active and love animals. What is not to love! The details of the fruit baskets to the kitty...wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Birgit. Sorry for such a late reply to your comments. They are new age hippies, living by the beach, selling lemonade. Sigh...wish I could do that. These scenes do take some time but only because I never know when to stop and keep finding more and more ideas to add. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! This is fabulous Michael! So detailed! I love that the lemonade is organic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina!! It is detailed but I am insane. LOL. And everyone is just loving the organic lemonade. Too funny!! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful and you should add storytelling to your list. I enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois. Comments like yours keep me going. I will try to add stories to the posts when they work!

      Delete
  4. I missed your post yesterday, Michael. Life got in the way. It is a wonderful scene, so intricate with every detail so perfect. I love the colors and the story. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem HJ. Trust me, I understand. Thanks for the comments and I'm really happy you love this as much as I do.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...