Friday, September 2, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge 46 - Critter Time


TGIF everyone!!  So....how many of you have a 4 day weekend?  End of summer in America and Europe means the start of Spring here.  Although it already feels like summer and that makes me a happy guy.  Bring on the heat!! LOL  Today I am playing along wit the gang over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  This is Challenge 46 and it's called "Critter Time" which, according to the team over at Retro Rubber, can be any animal or bird.  I have plenty of older "critter" type stamps that need some inking so I might be making more than one card for this challenge.  Now, with 6 dogs, you would think that I would go for a dog card.  Nope.  I've had the most adorable giraffe image for over a year now that needs to be inked up!  

I started with a top folding A2 white cardstock base.  Then I cut a piece of textured white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and embossed it with the Seeing Spots embossing folder by Cuttlebug.  Then I adhered it to the card front.


I cut and embossed a piece of red cardstock using the die that measures 3 1/8" x 4 3/8" from the Matting Basics A set by Spellbinders.  Then I cut and embossed a piece of white cardstock using the die that measures 2 7/8" x 4 1/8", from the Matting Basics B set by Spellbinders.  

Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the Giraffe from the Wild About You {Giraffe} set by Unity Stamp Co. and then the phrase next to it.  Then I colored in the Giraffe and balloon with Copic Markers Y08 (Acid Yellow), Y38 (Honey), and R27 (Cadmium Red).  I adhered the white cardstock to the red and then adhered the red to the card front.


Next I die cut the Grass Border Die by Cheery Lynn Designs out of green cardstock, trimmed 2 pieces off and glued them in front of the giraffe.  The last thing I did was to apply Glossy Accents to the balloon and the spots on the giraffe and set it aside to dry. 


That's it.  Done!  Clean and simple to make - and adorable!!  This Challenge 46 ends on September 9th so you guys have plenty of time to upload a card.  I love Retro Rubber because you HAVE to use stamps that are older than a year old. Give some of those older stamps some love.  LOL.  

I hope you enjoyed this card!  Feel free to leave me a comment below.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

13 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Love everything about it!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! Glad you love it all. Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. This card is so cute! Love all the carefully chosen elements. Less was more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elina! Glad you like the card. I have issues with CAS but like how this came out too. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Really cute card, Michael. I love the colors and the sweet (er, I mean wild) giraffe. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Michael, this is simply adorable, what a sweet image, colored beautifully.
    I'm not without issues about CAS cards but I like giving this kinds of challenges a try, although I never know if I leave enough "White Space" on my cards, LOL!!
    But you did great, there plenty of white space around this cutie pie of a giraffe.
    Thank you so much for sharing this sweet card with us at RETRO RUBBER, we hope to see you back next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the image and sentiment. The background goes perfect with your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! I love the crisp freshness that comes from the white contrasting with brights and lots of space for the image to breathe in. I think that the addition of the glossy accents is just the best finishing touch. What a wonderful critter you've added to the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, Michael... this giraffe image is the cutest!! Love the textures and colors that you chose for this card. The white space and pop of color is so appealing. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with Retro Rubber critter challenge. Always look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute giraffe and love the saying. It works so well against the white background and the white spots is in homage to the giraffe that I shall call Clarence

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet Michael!! I just love that giraffe and you did such a great job coloring it. Love the layout you created. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow! I love everything about this card. Everything is done perfectly. The embossing folder, the grass die, and the lovely red border to make it all pop. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michael! I LOVE this card! First I just love giraffes and second - he is adorable! I love that you give us such great directions on how you create a card! You make everything effortless! The colors you choose are just so perfect. I want that image! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...