Monday, October 3, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge #48 - Tie Me Up! - Wedding Card with Gina K Designs


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope y'all had a nice weekend.  This past Saturday we went with some friends to an ecological park in Campinas that used to be an old fazenda (farm) called Fazendo Mato Dentro.  It was formed in 1806 initially as a sugar plantation and later as a coffee plantation.  It was transferred to the state in 1950 and is now a free park and a biology institute.  

Part of the park.
The original house.

Part of another building that was used to store the coffee.
I think this would make a great art studio.

Today I am playing along with the gang over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  This is Challenge #48 - Tie Me Up! and, no, it's not about 50 Shades of Grey but it is all about using lace, ribbon or twine.  


A friend of mine has to go to a wedding and she asked me to make her a simple wedding card for her gift.  I knew that - years ago - I had bought a wedding set called I Do! (retired) from Gina K. Designs - that I had yet to use.  I had to go through several boxes but I finally found it!  

I started with an A1 top folding card base of white cardstock.  I found a piece of patterned paper in a 6 x 6 paper pad called Black Tie by Making Memories.  I cut it 4.25" x 5.5", wrapped a piece of white organza ribbon around it, making a knot, and adhered it to the card front. 


I started with the Pierced Rectangles STAX by My Favorite Things.  With the 5th largest die, I cut a piece of black cardstock.  Then, with the 6th largest die, I cut a piece of white cardstock.   I stamped the images on the white cardstock with Versamark ink, heat embossed them with Black Sparkle embossing powder by Ranger, and then adhered the white cardstock to the black cardstock.


Next I put some pop dots behind the black cardstock and adhered the piece to the card front.  Lastly, I adhered some crystals to each corner, two white flowers near the knot, and a crystal on the knot.  



This was such an easy card to make that I made a bunch to have on hand for other people.  If you want to enter a card in the Retro Rubber Challenge you have until October 7th.  Just click HERE to enter your card!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Lois. Glad you like the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful background for a beautiful card! Love how you embossed it to add such a great touch of elegance. The ribbon was the perfect touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, your friend should love this wedding card. The background paper is soft and lovely whereas the focal panel is classic and elegant! Thanks so much for sharing your card with Retro Rubber this week! Always love seeing you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael! This is stunning - I love this stamp set! I love the whole plus and equals idea. And that black sparkle ep is fantastic and boy does it really do justice on the images! I practically did a spit take when I read your 50 shades of grey comment. When I decided to "name" the challenge - "tie me up" was the only thing I could think of - never thinking about the connotations! Perhaps "all tied up" would have been better but then again maybe not! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber! It is always a treat to see your cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad that you came and play with us at Retro Rubber. Your creations are beautiful and this is no exception. So a lovely card for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Your line about the title of the challenge and the 50 Shades of Gray just made me gasp!!! and truly laugh out loud, you are funny, my dear and your card is awesome!! love the background paper, it really frames the main images beautifully. The little roses and the ribbon "ties" your card perfectly, (pun totally intended, LOL!!)
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, we all love to see your cards in the gallery, hope you come back again next time.
    XO
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need those clever stamps! This card packs so much impact! Love it! Thanks for doing the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...