Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Prozac, Schmozac....Give Me A Martini


Good morning everyone!  I wanted to share a few cards I made using a digi image called JJ Christmas Cheers by Bugaboo Stamps.  Each card has a different sentiment.  These cards were all made in jest and I hope no one takes offense to them.

Also, while working on the card at the top yesterday I saw on Facebook that my friend Karen will be having some surgery. She loves a good martini and is always joking about it.  Karen, even though we don't talk often, I do think about you a lot and am dedicating this card to you with hope for a speedy recovery and that you will be able to kick Harvey out the door!!  

It's a very simple card to make.  I started by printing out the digi on white cardstock and colored it in with a few Copic markers.  I then stamped the sentiment called Prozac (244-01) by Rubbernecker Stamps under the image with Onyx Black Versafine ink and then heat dried.  I then cut the image out using the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set by Simon Says Stamp.  Lastly, I adhered it to a top folding A2 card, applied some stickles to her boots, the martini, and the leaves and a little crystal in her bow.

For my 2nd card - 


This is pretty much the same idea as the first card.  The only differences are (1) I changed the sentiment, which is called Dirty Martini (244-04) also by Rubbernecker Stamps and (2) I cut a piece of fun foam and adhered it to the back of the image before adhering to the card front.  This way it is raised off the front.  and (3) I added red half pearls to the corners of the card. 

And the 3rd card - 


Again the same image.  I changed the coloring around a bit.  I added a speech bubble with the the words Ho Ho Ho and a few red sequins.  

1 image but 3 different and funny (or punny) ways to use it.  Let me know which card you like best.  Tomorrow is National Espresso Day and I will have a really interesting "coffee" post on my blog.  Hope you'll stop by.  Until then - 

Hugs from Brasil  - 

Michael 

3 comments:

  1. These 2 cards are fun! I agree with both sentiments too:) Your friends will love the card you dedicated to her and wish her a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Birgit. I love both of these sentiments too. But I love a good martini even more.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...