Monday, April 24, 2017

Less Is More Stripe Challenge With Unity Stamps


Hello everyone.  I hope y'all had a great weekend!!  I had fun making two Card In A Box cards for a class I might be giving here.  The first one (on the left) I made using glittered fun foam, which came out great but the glue took too long to dry.  The other one (on the right) I made using Floral and Flutter stamps by Concord & 9th and cardstock.  Much easier to make and love how this one came out.  I'd love to know which one you like better.


I made today's card for the Less Is More Challenge Blog.  This week's challenge #325 is to use a stripe on the card.  As soon as I saw the word "stripe", stars and stripes popped into my head, and I knew the perfect image to use - "stars and stripes FOREVER" by Unity Stamp Co.  

I started with a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  Then, using the long stitched rectangle die from Die-namics Blueprints 1, I cut a piece of red, white, and blue cardstock.  I adhered a piece of double sided tape to the back of each of them and adhered the "stripes" across the top.  Red, White, and then Blue.


After I trimmed the edges with a craft knife, I stamped the image from "stars & stripes FOREVER" with black ink on to a piece of white cardstock, which I then colored with some Bic markers and then trimmed the image.  I stamped the phrase, adhered some pop dots under the image and applied it to the front of the card.  The last step was to apply some red, crystal, and blue stickles to the areas on the sides of the image.  Done!


I'm telling you, this is a really simple card to make!  Well, I hope you liked this card.  Let me know by leaving a comment below.  Thanks and...Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

12 comments:

  1. Love your card Michael! I didn't realize Unity had that stamp. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina!! Glad I can be an enabler. LOL When I am down I scroll through every page on Unity adding images to my wishlist. LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards...they all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois. All fun to make! Glad you like too.

      Delete
  3. Awesome cards Michael! I love them all. Your stripes card is so perfect for our challenge and wonderfully clean and crisp in feel. Great look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Esther for your comments and for stopping by the blog. Glad I found you guys and was fun to play along.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful cards and your stripe card is just perfect for our challenge. Eye-catching, bold and super duper CAS. Love the design and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and for your comments!! Glad you love it as much as I do and it was so much fun to play along with you guys this week!

      Delete
  5. Amazing cards Michael! Totally in love with that cool and contemporary stars and stripes one. The desidn is fresh and the elements are so funky together. Brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon! Was fun to play along with you guys and my July 4th card. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  6. Floral & flutter is my favorite. Looks classic and fun. Cool American Flag heart stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth. Thanks so much for your comments and for stopping by the blog. Love Floral & Flutter too!! But also love my flag card. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...