Sunday, January 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketch Challenge with Anthony's Paper Craft and a Stencil



Hello everyone and Happy Sunday!  Is everyone having a great weekend so far?  I hope so! I have been busy with several projects at the same time and cannot find anything on my desk - but somehow the chaos on my desk helps the creativity flow better. Can anyone relate? 

Today's card was not a planned project but last night, in the midst of the creative chaos, I got an email from Freshly Made Sketches and the sketch immediately caught my eye.  


As I pondered how I could make out a simple card, quickly, I looked over and saw a cool stencil I had on my desk sitting with my favorite sentiment set ever and this card idea popped into my head.  

I started with an A2 top-folding card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of textured red cardstock, 3.5"x 5.5".  Next, I cut the smallest long die from the A2 Matting Basics B set (Spellbinders) out of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment "You're So Thoughtful" from one of my favorite sentiment sets called Greetings Set 2 by Anthony's Paper Craft.  Then I cut and embossed a piece of the textured red cardstock with the long die from the A2 Matting Basics A set (Spellbinders).  I adhered the white cardstock to the red cardstock and set it aside to use later.  




Next I placed the white cardstock on a piece of scratch paper and adhered the stencil (Litocart/Brasilian Brand) over the white cardstock with painter's tape.



Using some distress inks (candied apple, mustard seed, and spiced marmalade by Ranger) I applied the ink over the stencil, varying the colors.



When I was happy with how the colors blended and looked - 



Lastly, I adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back and then adhered this to the card front.  Then I adhered the phrase.  



I think this sketch is perfect for a quick and easy card.  And by using 1 stencil, a couple of inks and a sentiment...it can't get any easier.  You can even use a piece of designer paper in place of the stencil. 

I love how this card came out.  Leave me a comment below if you want and let me know what you think. And, as always, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

9 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! Glad you like the card. Was a fun sketch.

      Delete
  2. I love your colours and stencil, so effective x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you love the card. Was fun to play along.

      Delete
  3. I am in awe with this card. The colors are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois. I am in awe with you. The colors just worked really well together and this was so super simple to make. And so beautiful. Glad you like.

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I love the background you've created with those vibrant and totally fabulous colours. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Narelle! Glad you like the card. It was super fun to play along with this sketch.

      Delete
  5. i like the freshness of the colours. So vibrant and so calm.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...